Pork chops with fruity red cabbage
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 large or baking potatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red cabbage (approx 350g/12oz), core removed and finely sliced
- 1 onion , halved and sliced
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 apple , peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 pork loin chops, approx 140g/5oz each
- STEP 1
Heat oven to fan 200/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the potato wedges in a large roasting tray and toss in 1 tbsp of the oil. Roast for 10 mins until golden.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a wok or large pan and tip in the red cabbage and onion. Stir-fry for 5 mins then stir in the cranberry sauce, apple and 4 tbsp water. Cover with a lid and leave to cook for 10-15 mins, depending on how thinly you shredded the cabbage.
- STEP 3
Spread the mustard over the top of the chops and add to the roasting tray. Roast for another 15 mins until the chops are browned and cooked through. Season the cabbage to taste and serve with the mustardy pork chops and potato wedges.