Marinated fig & mozzarella salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 40-50 minutes (including marinating time)
- Serves 4 (or 6 as a starter)
- 8 ripe figs , stalks trimmed
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 x packs mozzarella
- 50g bag wild rocket
- STEP 1
Cut each fig lengthways into four wedges. Make a marinade by whisking the vinegar, oil and lemon juice with salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 2
Stand the fig wedges up in the middle of a large shallow serving dish, keeping them close together. Scatter the lemon zest and thyme on top, then drizzle with the marinade. Leave to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- STEP 3
Roughly chop the mint. Drain and slice the mozzarella, toss with half the mint and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 4
To serve, arrange the mozzarella and mint mixture round the figs, scatter with lightly torn rocket leaves and the remaining mint, and drizzle with a little olive oil.