Lemony broad beans with goat's cheese, peas & mint
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 40g blanched hazelnuts
- 250g broad beans, podded and skins removed from the beans
- 200g fresh peas
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus a drizzle to serve
- 2 banana shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small bunch of mint, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- ½ small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 150g log goat's cheese with rind, sliced into 5mm rounds
- crusty bread, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the hazelnuts onto a baking tray and roast for 12-15 mins until golden. Leave to cool. Cook the broad beans and peas in a pan of boiling water for 2 mins, then drain.
- STEP 2
Heat half the oil in a small frying pan over a low-medium heat and fry the shallots with a pinch of salt for 12 mins until softened. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- STEP 3
Roughly chop the cooled hazelnuts, then toss with the broad beans and peas. Add the mint, parsley, remaining olive oil, the lemon zest and juice and the cooled shallots. Season with black pepper and ½ tsp sea salt flakes.
- STEP 4
Spread the mixture over a large serving plate and top with the sliced goat’s cheese. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and scatter with torn mint leaves, then serve with chunks of crusty bread.