Lemon roast vegetables with yogurt tahini & pomegranate
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 1 aubergine , diced
- 1 red onion , halved and thinly sliced
- 1 unwaxed lemon , 1/4 finely chopped (skin and all), the rest juiced
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil , plus extra to drizzle (optional)
- 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp natural bio yogurt
- seeds from ½ a pomegranate
- ⅓ small pack parsley or coriander, chopped
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 7. Put the vegetables and chopped lemon in a large flameproof roasting tin and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Massage into the veg so they are all well coated, then put the tin on the hob and fry, stirring, for 5 mins until starting to char. Stir in two handfuls of the chickpeas, and roast in the oven for 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Put the rest of the chickpeas in a bowl with the garlic, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice and 3 tbsp water, and blitz with a stick blender until really smooth and thick.
- STEP 3
Spoon the yogurt tahini onto two plates and top with the roasted veg, pomegranate seeds and parsley. Season with black pepper and a drizzle of extra oil, if you like.