Leek, butter bean & crispy chorizo soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Blend leeks and butter beans to make this filling winter soup. Top with crispy chorizo and rosemary for a final flourish and serve with crusty bread
- 30g unsalted butter
- olive oil , for frying
- 2 large leeks , sliced
- 1 large garlic clove , crushed
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans , drained and rinsed
- 800ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche , plus extra to serve
- 225g chorizo , finely cubed
- 4 rosemary sprigs , leaves picked and finely chopped
- bread , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the butter and a glug of olive oil in a casserole over a medium heat. Add the leeks and fry for 15 mins until softened and beginning to turn golden brown. Stir through the garlic and cook for a further 1 min.
- STEP 2
Tip the butter beans into the pan, pour over the hot stock and simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins. Blitz to a smooth consistency with a hand-held blender, then stir in the crème fraîche and season to taste. Keep warm over a low heat.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, fry the chorizo in a small glug of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat for 5 mins or until oily and crispy. Stir in the rosemary, cooking for a further minute. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the rosemary and chorizo mixture, as well as any oil left in the pan. Serve with some crusty bread.