Ginger & soy salmon en papillote
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- thumb-sized piece of ginger , finely grated
- 1 garlic clove , finely grated
- 2 skinless salmon fillets (about 140g each)
- 1 courgette , ends trimmed and spiralized into thin noodles
- 1 carrot , peeled, ends trimmed and spiralized into thin noodles
- 2 bulbs of pak choi (about 200g), leaves separated
- 1 red chilli , thinly sliced, deseeded if you like
- Thai jasmine rice , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Before you prep the veg mix together the soy, vinegar, ginger, garlic and some black pepper in a bowl. Add the salmon fillets, cover and leave to marinate for 10 mins at room temperature or up to 2 hrs in the fridge.
- STEP 2
Tear two large sheets of baking parchment, big enough to encase the fish and vegetables in and put onto a baking tray.
- STEP 3
Divide the vegetables between the centre of the paper and top each with a marinated salmon fillet and the sliced chilli. Bring the sides of the parchment up over the salmon and pour half of the remaining marinade over each fillet then scrunch the paper tightly together to seal the fish in a parcel.
- STEP 4
Roast for 20–25 mins, until the salmon is just cooked through and flakes into large pieces. Serve the fish in the parcel with some rice, if you like.