Fish with chilli, mango & lime salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 whole sea bream or mackerel , descaled and cleaned (ask your fishmonger to do this)
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning (we used Schwartz)
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 ripe mango , peeled, stoned and diced
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado , peeled, stoned and diced
- 2 spring onions , sliced
- small bunch coriander , chopped
- 200g green bean
- rice , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Make 3-4 slashes on each side of the fish. Rub in the seasoning, lime zest and oil, making sure you get it right into the slashes and the cavity. Place on a baking tray lined with foil and bake for 12-15 mins or until just cooked through.
- STEP 2
Turn the grill to high and cook for 2-3 mins more to char the skin. Cover and rest for a few mins.
- STEP 3
For the salsa, mix the mango, chilli, avocado, spring onions, coriander and lime juice, and season. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 4 mins, then drain. Serve the fish with rice, beans and salsa.