Easy slow cooker lamb curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 650g lamb shoulder, cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chilli powder (mild or hot)
- 1 green chilli, deseeded if you don’t like it hot, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 300g Greek yogurt
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- rice, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the slow cooker if you need to. Season the lamb, then brown it in batches for 5-8 mins using a little oil for each batch. Transfer each batch of lamb to the slow cooker.
- STEP 2
Put the onions in a frying pan with a little more oil and fry, stirring, for around 10 mins until tender. Stir in the garlic, ginger, spices, chilli and tomato purée and fry together for 1 min more. Add everything to the slow cooker.
- STEP 3
Pour 200ml boiling water into the slow cooker and mix everything well. Cook on a low heat for at least 6 hrs.
- STEP 4
After at least 6 hrs of cooking, add the yogurt and stir well. Replace the lid and cook for a further ½ to 1 hrs on low. Don't worry if the sauce splits a little, just stir well before serving. Once cooked, scatter over the coriander and flaked almonds and serve with the rice.