Crab & citrus salad with Chardonnay dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 2
- 140g white crabmeat
- 1 orange , peeled, segmented and juices kept
- 1 tsp each chopped chives and dill
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 grapefruit , peeled and segmented
- good handful mixed baby salad leaves
- a few slices of soda bread or toasted sourdough, to serve
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Chardonnay vinegar (buy from Italian delis, or just use a regular white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1
Make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, mustard and sugar in a small bowl. Slowly add the oil to the mixture, whisking until it has all been incorporated, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Put the crab in a bowl with a little of the reserved orange juice and toss together before adding the herbs, mayonnaise and some seasoning, then gently mixing.
- STEP 3
Toss the orange and grapefruit segments with the salad leaves and pile a little onto 2 plates. Add a slice or 2 of bread and the crab mix, then drizzle the leaves with some salad dressing.