- ½ swede, peeled and cut into 1cm chunks
A member of the cabbage family, the swede is often confused with the turnip, though they look…
- 150g baby carrots, halved lengthways
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus an extra drizzle to serve
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 150g mild cooking chorizo, sliced
A coarsely textured spiced pork sausage widely used in Spanish and Mexican cooking. It is made…
- 150g bulgur wheat
- ½ lemon, juiced, plus lemon wedges, to serve
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- ½ bunch of parsley, leaves picked
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
- salad leaves, to serve (optional)
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss together the swede, carrots, onion, garlic, paprika and olive oil in a roasting tin. Season and roast everything for 10 mins. Add the chorizo and continue cooking for 15-20 mins more until the swede is tender and the chorizo is crisp. Cook the bulgur wheat following pack instructions.
Toss the cooked bulgur through the veg and chorizo mixture with the lemon juice, then scatter over the parsley. Season and drizzle with a little extra oil. Serve with lemon wedges and salad leaves, if you like.
How to make it veganSwap the chorizo for chunks of butternut squash or tempeh.