Chorizo & root veg bulgur wheat
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Make this veg-packed chorizo and bulgur wheat dish as a speedy supper. It's ideal for an easy midweek meal and you can make it vegan by omitting the chorizo
- ½ swede , peeled and cut into 1cm chunks
- 150g baby carrots , halved lengthways
- 1 large red onion , cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- ½ tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus an extra drizzle to serve
- 150g mild cooking chorizo , sliced
- 150g bulgur wheat
- ½ lemon , juiced, plus lemon wedges, to serve
- ½ bunch of parsley , leaves picked
- salad leaves, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss together the swede, carrots, onion, garlic, paprika and olive oil in a roasting tin. Season and roast everything for 10 mins. Add the chorizo and continue cooking for 15-20 mins more until the swede is tender and the chorizo is crisp. Cook the bulgur wheat following pack instructions.
- STEP 2
Toss the cooked bulgur through the veg and chorizo mixture with the lemon juice, then scatter over the parsley. Season and drizzle with a little extra oil. Serve with lemon wedges and salad leaves, if you like.
HOW TO MAKE IT VEGAN
Swap the chorizo for chunks of butternut squash or tempeh.