Harissa-spiced chicken with bulgur wheat
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp harissa paste (we used Belazu Rose Harissa)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 1 onion , halved and sliced
- 2 tbsp pine nut
- handful ready-to-eat apricot
- 300g bulgur wheat
- 600ml hot chicken stock (from a cube)
- handful coriander , leaves only, chopped
- STEP 1
Rub 1 tbsp harissa paste over the chicken. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, then fry the chicken for about 3 mins on each side, until just golden (it won’t be cooked through at this stage). Remove and set aside.
- STEP 2
Add the onions, then gently fry for 5 mins until soft. Tip in the pine nuts and continue cooking for another few mins until toasted. Tip in the apricots, bulgur and stock, then season and cover. Cook for about 10 mins until the stock is almost absorbed.
- STEP 3
Return the chicken to the pan, re-cover and cook for 5 mins on a low heat until the liquid has been absorbed and the chicken is cooked through. Fluff up the bulgur with a fork and scatter with the coriander to serve.