Aubergine & goat’s cheese salad with mint-chilli dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus pickling
- Serves 4
- 2 aubergines
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pieces lavash bread or pitta bread
- 175g cherry plum tomato , halved or quartered
- 4 large handfuls salad leaves
- 2 shallots , thinly sliced
- 50g hard goat's cheese
For the mint-chilli dressing
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli , seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 shallot , finely chopped
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Cut the aubergine into 3cm chunks. Drizzle with olive oil and season. Arrange on a baking tray and roast for 25 mins or until browned.
- STEP 2
Rip the bread into pieces and put on a baking tray. Just as the aubergine is nearly ready, pop the bread into the oven and bake for 8 mins.
- STEP 3
To make the mint-chilli dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and season. Toss about one-third of the dressing with the aubergine and save the rest to pour over the salad. Arrange the tomatoes, salad leaves, shallots, dressed aubergine and crisp bread on a large platter. Drizzle the reserved dressing over and scatter the goat’s cheese on top.