Asian-style tofu & cucumber noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2 - 4
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- knob root ginger , peeled and shredded
- 1 lime , ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges
- 250g pack firm tofu , drained
- 2 sheets medium egg noodles
- 1 tsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 cucumber , peeled into ribbons
- 1 tbsp toasted peanut , crushed
- 1 fat red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced
- STEP 1
Mix the soy sauce, ginger and lime juice in a dish, then add the tofu. Leave to marinate for 5 mins, turning once. Boil the noodles for 4 mins, or according to pack instructions, then drain and cool.
- STEP 2
Dry the tofu on kitchen paper. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry tofu for 3 mins on each side until golden. Cut into cubes.
- STEP 3
To serve, mix the noodles, chilli, cucumber, tofu and the marinade in a bowl. Toss, then serve with lime wedges and peanuts.