Roast Cod with a Chia Crust
Member recipe by wildcardpr
ROAST COD WITH A PRAWN, LEMON AND CHIA CRUST: A delicious recipe that works well with Cod or Salmon, incorporating the benefits of Chia Seeds thanks to Burgen's NEW Sunflower & Chia Seed Loaf
- 4 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 4 skinless thick cod fillets, about 175g each
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 75g Burgen Sunflower & Chia Seed bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 175g cooked jumbo prawns
- Small handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 small lemon
- Black pepper
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with fine green beans, sugar snap peas and a wedge of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius/fan oven 180 degrees Celcius/Gas 6. Use 1 teaspoon oil to coat the base of a baking tray and arrange the cod fillets evenly spaced apart in the base. Season with pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan and saute the onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured. Remove from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs, prawns, parsley, seasoning, lemon rind and enough lemon juice to bind. Divide the mixture over the cod pressing onto the top of each fillet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.