Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Bacon and Broccoli Risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 1
Smoked Bacon and Broccoli Risotto, little salt, little sweet and an amazing entree, or cut in 3rd for an Appetiser.
- 1 Portion of Arborio Rice (Risotto Rice)
- 2 Smoked Bacon Rashers, diced into 1cm squares
- 2 Broccoli Florets, quartered
- 1 Carrot, fine diced
- 1 Spring Onion (Scallion), fine chopped
- 400ml Vegetable Stock, Hot
- Salt and Pepper, pinch to season
- Fresh Parsley, to garnish
- 15g Butter/Margerine - Matched with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- STEP 1Place the Broccoli Florets in a Saucepan of boiling water and boil until soft. Have a Frying pan on a medium heat, add the butter/oil to the pan and swirl to cover the base of the pan. Add the Smoked Bacon and cook for a 3 minutes, until the edges are brown, then add the Spring Onion and Carrots to the pan and toss to cook.
- STEP 2After 2 minutes off cooking, add the Arboria Rice to pan and stir using a Spatula/Wooden Spoon, remembering to constantly stir and shake the pan to avoid the Rice from burning, after 2 minutes of cooking the Rice, add a ladle spoon full of the Stock to the pan. Add the Salt and Pepper to season the Dish, seasoning is important!
- STEP 3Remembering to constantly stir and shake the pan to ensure the Rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Once around 2/3 of the Stock has been used up, add the Soft Broccoli to the pan. Once all of the moisture has been soaked up by the Rice, add a ladle of Stock to the pan.
- STEP 4Once all of the remaining Stock has been soaked up by the Rice, making sure the rice is cooked, taste it and taste again, also make sure that the dish is not stodgy or too watery, a thickness/consistency of Custard is perfect.
- STEP 5Once you are happy with the consistency and taste of the dish, transfer to a serving plate/bowl, season with salt and pepper, and add a pinch of Parsley to Garnish and add a little colour to the dish. Dig in and Enjoy.