Tomato & mascarpone risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , very finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove , crushed
- 175g risotto rice
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 30g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, grated
- 30g mascarpone
- ½ small bunch of basil , chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion along with a pinch of salt, and fry for 10 mins or until beginning to soften and turn translucent, then add the garlic and fry for 1 min. Stir in the rice and cook for 2 mins.
- STEP 2
Tip in the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Add half the stock, cooking and stirring until absorbed. Add the remaining stock, a ladleful at a time, and cook until the rice is al dente, stirring constantly for around 20 mins.
- STEP 3
Stir through the parmesan, mascarpone and basil, and season to taste. Spoon into bowls to serve.