Whole wheat-oats-chocolate cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- 30 minutes refrigeration
- Makes 10 cookies
Eggless whole wheat cookies for that guilt free tea time indulgence
- Whole wheat flour-1/2 cup
- Instant cooking oats-1/4 cup
- Natural unsweetened cocoa powder-1/4 cup
- Brown sugar-1/4 cup
- Olive oil-1/4 cup
- Milk-1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract-1/2 tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- STEP 1Sift the flour and cocoa powder with salt and baking powder or just give it a whip in a dry blender. Transfer it to a bowl and stir in instant oats.
- STEP 2In a separate bowl, cream the oil with sugar and add it to the dry ingredients along with vanilla extract.Mix well and add milk just enough to gather it to a dough.Do not over knead.
- STEP 3Once the dough is ready, refrigerate it for 30 minutes. Take it out and gently roll the dough into a sheet of about half inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes and bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 C.Allow them to cool and munch on!!