Mediterranean baked salmon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Really quick and easy tea for everyone! Would be equally as good if salmon was replaced with chicken wrapped in parma ham.
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- Potatoes (chopped into large cubes)
- 1 Courgette (chopped into coin sized slices)
- 1 Pepper (chopped into large slices)
- A bunch of tomatoes on the vine
- 5 garlic gloves skin on and crushed slightly with the back of a knife
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 a level tbsp of dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp of oregano
- Zest of a lemon
- Lemon (quartered)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven at gas mark 6. In a high sided baking tray place the potatoes, half the oil, the juice of half a lemon, the herbs, half the lemon zest, garlic cloves- stir and season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 15/ 20 until becoming soft, add the courgettes after 10 minutes. Lift the salmon out of the fridge so it can come to room temperature.
- STEP 2When the potatoes are becoming soft, stir again and add the peppers. Cook for 5 mins.
- STEP 3Lift out stir, add the rest of the oil, zest, lemon juice and the squeezed lemons (for extra flavour). Add the vine tomatoes. Place the salmon on top of the vegetables, skin up- season the skin well with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 10 minutes in gas mark 6/7 until salmon is just cooked and soft in the middle.
- STEP 4Serve- discarding the garlic gloves and lemon.