Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Quick Sausage Casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
A quick to make dish perfect for cramming vegetables into a midweek meal.
- 6 good Lincolnshire sausages sliced into chunks at an angle
- 4 sliced carrots
- 1 large sliced onion
- 1 small diced swede
- 2 sliced parsnips
- 500 ml Vegetable stock (I use Knorr stock pots)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- STEP 1Using a small amount of oil, fry the sausages in a pan until browned and then tip into your casserole pan. Add the veg to the frying pan and fry for about 10mins until softening. Add the garlic and thyme and fry for another minute.
- STEP 2Pour the stock over the vegetables and tip the whole lot into your casserole. Bring it to the boil and simmer for around 20mins or until the veg is just how you like it.
- STEP 3Best served in bowls with a nice crusty roll or bread, as it tends to have the consistency of a chunky soup/broth.