Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Roast turbot, chicory, vegetables and a cockle ketchup
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
This is a classic English starter and is really delicious.
- 1/2 turbot
- 100g peas
- 100g broad beans
- 100g baby carrots
- 200g chicory
- 200g washed cockles
- 1/2 bottlle of white wine
- 1 pinch of saffron/2 curry leaves
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- salt and pepper
- STEP 1To make the ketchup put the white wine, tomato ketchup and saffron/curry in a pan and bring it to the boil. Add the washed cockles and cook until tender and instantly take them out.
- STEP 2Puree the cockles and add enough off the liquor to make it into a puree.
- STEP 3For the vegetables peal the carrots and then boil them. Once cooked shell the peas and broad beans and leave to cool.
- STEP 4Fry the chicory in butter until tender but it mustn't lose its colour.
- STEP 5Portion the half turbot by cutting down the middle and then cutting again half way down. Heat up some butter over a medium heat. Add the fish and cook for 2 mins each side.
- STEP 6Now season and present the dish which is really your choice.