Rose Apple/Cinammon Pastrys
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 5/6 Roses
Puff pastry filled with apricot, cinammon and sliced apple and rolled into pretty roses
- 2 Apples
- Puff Pastry
- Apricrot Preserve
- Ground Cinammon
- STEP 1Pre heat oven to 190 degrees
- STEP 2Half & core both apples before slicing very thinly.
- STEP 3Put apple slices in a bowl half filled with water. Then add the juice of 1/2 lemon. Microwave for 3 minutes.
- STEP 4Put 1 1/2 tablespoon of apricot preserve and 1 tablespoon of water in a seperate bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and mix.
- STEP 5Flour surface and roll pastry into a very thin rectangle. Divide into appropriate size sections.
- STEP 6Spread apricrot preserve over pastry and place apple slizes down one side, overlapping each slice.
- STEP 7Sprinkle with cinammo and roll into roses.
- STEP 8Place in muffin tins and cook for 30 - 35 minutes.
- STEP 9Finish with a sprinkle of caster sugar and cinammon.