Quick and Easy Beer Meatballs.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 12 meatballs
- 500 grms of Minced Steak
- 250 ml of beer - premium ideally
- 250 ml Ketchup
- 200 ml Passata (or just use more ketchup)
- 2 tspns Garlic Powder
- 100 grams dark brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper seasoning
- 50 grams of cheddar (chopped into 12 small lumps)
- STEP 11 Mix the mince with the garlic powder, salt and pepper and roll into a ball - push a small lump of cheddar into the center, seal and repeat until you have around 12 meatballs.
- STEP 2Gently brown the balls in a frying pan until they are browned all over.
- STEP 3Mix the passata, beer, ketchup and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil then lower the heat to a gentle simmer.
- STEP 4Add the browned meatballs and slowly simmer for around 30 minutes, then serve with either rice or pasta -