Quick and easy lemon curd
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Jar
From my childhood. It is not easy to get lemon curd in France so I make it myself or get my 10 year old grand daughter to help me.
- 1 large lemon
- 1oz (25g) unsalted butter
- 1 med-large egg
- 1/4 lb (100g) castor sugar.
You will also need:-
- Large baloon whisk
- Large sauce pan
- large glass or metal bowl to suspend over sauce pan
- 1 jam jar with lid (VERY CLEAN).
- STEP 1Wash and dry the jam jar and lid.
- STEP 2Put some water into the sauce pan, about 3cm depth, and bring to the boil.
- STEP 3Put the bowl on top of the sauce pan. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- STEP 4Put ALL the ingredients into the bowl and beat with the baloon whisk.
- STEP 5The butter will melt, the sugar will disolve, the mixture will increase in size and then thicken.
- STEP 6Pour into the jar and put on the lid. Leave to cool.
- STEP 7keep in the fridge and use within 2 weeks. YUM!