Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Brandy snaps and baskets
- Preparation and cooking time
- cooling time.
- More effort
- Makes 8+
really simple but requires skill
- 55g butter
- 55g golden syrup
- 55g plain flour
- 1/2 level teaspoon ginger or mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 200ml double or whipping cream
- fruit of your choice
- cooking chocolate
- STEP 1preheat oven to 170C gas mark 4. line 2 baking trays with backing parchment.
- STEP 2measure butter, syrup, and sugar into a saucepan. make sure they all weigh the same. gently heat the mix until it has melted and the sugar has dissolved. DO NOT BOIL THE MIX.
- STEP 3leave to cool for a minute then add the flour, ginger and lemon juice and stir well.
- STEP 4Place 4 teaspoon of mixture on to each backing tray to make neat circles about 10cm apart. bake one tray at a time as you only have a short amount of time to shape them.
- STEP 5As soon as they come out of the oven peel them off carefully with a palette knife into a muffin tin to make baskets or if you have uneven shaped one's leave to harden and stack one onto of each other.
- STEP 6Leave to set and whip cream and chop fruit. Melt chocolate and drizzle over the brandy stack or into the baskets. pipe cream onto each brandy basket. decorate with fruit as you with.