Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Health Yummiest loin pork chop
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 3
With all the trimmings
- Pork loin chops 6 (tesco 3 for £10)
- 3 slices of cheap white bread
- 1 pink lady apple peeled cored grated
- 25 g Parmesan grated
- 1tbsp pepper corns
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 800g red potatoes
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Bunch of parsley roughly chopped
- 150g frozen petispoit ( tesco)
- 150g sliced green beans ( tesco)
- 1/2 tsp cheap mint sauce
- 3 tsp cheap apple sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sage
- STEP 1Peel potatoes and add to boiling water with 1/2 tbsp salt, boil for 4/5 minutes and drain in a sieve cover and steam for 10 min then shake till fluffy, put oven on gas mark 7 or equivalent whilst waiting the 10 min.
- STEP 2Put bread in food mixer and blend till bread crumbs, add pepper corns, sage and blend add the grated apple and Parmesan and mix in bowl. whisk eggs and place in separate bowl. Place loin chops in egg and then cover each chop on both sides with crumb mix and put on a grill pan and sprinkle with coriander.
- STEP 3Put water on to boil for veg, Put 2 tbsp olive oil in small roasting tin with onion, potatoes, parsley and garlic and put in oven for 20 min, then take out potatoes and shake add 1 tbsp of olive oil and shake again place back into oven for final 15 min. Add veg to boiling water.
- STEP 4Put grill on medium to high, and place grill pan with chops on at medium height cook for 8 min then turn for another 8 min, then put on bottom shelf on low grill, turn oven off with potatoes in, sieve veg and add mint sauce and stir. add 1/2 tsp of Apple sauce on each chop spread evenly, then serve