Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Muffins
gluten free chocolate cake,mmm
- 6 ounces 70-percent dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet potato
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- STEP 2Place 8 (4-ounce) ramekins or custard cups on a large baking sheet. Spray each with cooking spray and set aside.
- STEP 3Combine chocolate, orange zest, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl over hot boiling water. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- STEP 4Puree bananas, sweet potato, and honey until smooth.
- STEP 5Remove the melted chocolate from heat and fold it over banana puree and egg. Mix well.
- STEP 6In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until a soft peak.
- STEP 7Slowly fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- STEP 8Spoon mix into ramekins, filling them almost to the top.
- STEP 9Bake for approximately 6 to 7 minutes, remove, and serve. The center of each cake should be soft and warm. Garnish with extra orange zest if you like.