Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Black Rice Rasawal Indian Pudding (Refined Sugar free)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Recommend to Pre soak black rice in water overnight or atleast 6 hours (as black rice takes longer time to cook).
- Serves 3
This nutritious and delicious Indian pudding straight from my unique recipe creations is inspired by the native ingredient and healthiest variety of rice called “chak hao”/ black rice; cooked perfectly in freshly extracted sugarcane juice and with creamy fresh coconut milk. You must definitely read about health benefits of black rice and fresh sugarcane juice and I assure you will not waste a single minute to try making this nutritious dish at home.
- Black Rice "Chak Hao" half cup
- Water to soak black rice 1 cup
- Freshly extracted unseasoned Sugarcane Juice 1 cup
- Fresh Coconut thick Milk 2 cups
- cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Thin long slices of Fresh Coconut
- STEP 1Soak black rice in water overnight or atleast 6 hours (to reduce cooking time of black rice).
- STEP 2Boil sugarcane juice for 10-15 mins on low flame and then sieve it using muslin cloth or fine strainer to filter out particles/ scum(if any) .
- STEP 3Boil black rice with its soaked water and filtered sugarcane juice on low flame for 30 mins.
- STEP 4Add thick coconut milk into black rice and sugarcane pudding and continue to boil on low flame for another 15 mins till rice cooks perfectly while is still chewy and nutty and pudding is thick creamy consistency; lastly sprinkle aromatic cardamom powder and give it a stir. Switch off the flame.
- STEP 5Finally garnish the pudding with slices of fresh coconut and serve warm or chilled as per your preference.
- STEP 6Enjoy this delicious (refined sugar free) healthy Indian pudding made with nutritious native ingredients like black rice and sugarcane juice :)