Lighter Ravioli Italian Style
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 5 mins preparation & 5 mins cooking
- Serves 4
Ravioli Pasta with a simple homemade Pesto sauce accompanied with tomatoes and mushrooms. A lighter but filling alternative pasta dish for lunch or dinner.
- 500g Ravioli
- 3-4 Fresh Tomatoes
- 250g Mushrooms (Chestnut)
FOR THE PESTO
- 1 Potted Fresh Basil or Two Packs of pre-packed Pesto
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- About 2 handfuls of Grated Cheese (depending on preference) - can be cheese of choice but preferably Emmental, Gruyere or Parmesan
- EXTRA TO SERVE (Optional)
- Rocket Salad
- Grated Cheese
- STEP 1PESTO:
- STEP 2Blend all Basil leaves in a blender until finely chopped.
- STEP 3Add olive oil and cheese & blend some more.
- STEP 4PASTA:
- STEP 5Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water for appropriate time (usually 2-3 mins)
- STEP 6Whilst water is boiling, quarter or quarter and quarter again the tomatoes and place in frying pan.
- STEP 7Fry on fairly high heat for 1-2 mins.
- STEP 8Thickly slice or quarter the Mushrooms and add to tomatoes, frying on high heat until mushrooms are fairly soft.
- STEP 9(If mushrooms are cooked before pasta is cooked then remove from heat as they will continue to shrink even when removed from the heat)
- STEP 10Drain the cooked pasta and add to the mushrooms and tomatoes in the frying pan.
- STEP 11Then also add the Pesto sauce.
- STEP 12Mix well until all combined and hot.
- STEP 13Serve with rocket salad and some grated cheese (optional).