Mexican-style stuffed peppers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2 adults, 2 children
- 3 large mixed peppers , halved
- oil , for drizzling
- 2 x 250g pouches lime & coriander rice , cooked
- 400g can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 6 Mexican-style chilli cheese slices (use regular cheddar or monterey jack, if you like)
- 150g fresh guacamole
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Remove the seeds and any white pith from the peppers and arrange, cut-side up, in a roasting tin. Drizzle with oil and season, then bake for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
Combine the rice and beans. Remove the peppers from the oven and fill with the rice mixture. Top each with a slice of cheese and bake for 10-15 mins more, until the rice has melted and the filling is hot. Top with spoonfuls of guacamole.