- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2 adults, 2 children
- oil , for frying
- 6 sausages (we used Italian sausages with herbs and fennel)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with garlic & basil
- 200g baby spinach
- 500g spinach & ricotta ravioli (or any flavour you like)
- 75g mixture of grated cheddar and mozzarella
- STEP 1
Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan. Squeeze the sausagemeat from the skins and fry until browned, using a wooden spoon to break it up. Add the tomatoes and half a can of water and season. Simmer for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander. Pour over boiled water from the kettle to wilt. Leave to cool, then squeeze out as much of the excess water as you can.
- STEP 3
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spoon a third of the sauce into a medium baking dish (about 18 x 20cm). Top with a third of the spinach and a third of the ravioli, then scatter over some of the cheese. Repeat the layers twice, making sure the final layer of ravioli is nestled into the sauce. Bake for 35-40 mins until bubbling and hot all the way through. Cover if the top starts to get too dark. Will keep in the freezer for up to two months.