- 500g beef mince
- 2 red chillies, 1 finely chopped, the other thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100ml oyster sauce
- 3 limes, juice of 2, 1 cut into wedges
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 300g bag cooked rice noodles
- 3 carrots, cut into thin julienne
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 300g bag beansprouts
The two most common beansprouts are the green-capped mung bean…
- small bunch mint, leaves picked
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 50g unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
Dry-fry the beef in a frying pan until nicely browned and starting to crisp, then pour off any fat. Add the chopped chilli and garlic, and fry for a few more mins. Add the oyster sauce and lime juice, and cook for another 5 mins until sticky.
To assemble the salad, divide the rice noodles between bowls, top with the beef, then place a handful of carrot, beansprouts and mint leaves around each bowl. Sprinkle with peanuts and the sliced chilli. Before eating, toss all the ingredients together.