- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 eggs , 1 beaten
- bunch of spring onions , chopped into 3cm lengths, tops finely sliced to serve
- 1 green chilli , chopped
- 2cm chunk of ginger , grated
- 1 garlic clove , grated
- 150g spring greens , shredded
- 250g pouch of ready-cooked rice
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce , plus extra to taste
- sesame seeds , toasted, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat a splash of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. When hot, crack the eggs in and turn the heat down. This should make the eggs nice and crispy – without burning – while the yolks cook. Use a fish slice to remove, set aside on kitchen paper and cover with foil to keep warm.
- STEP 2
Add the remaining oil to the pan, then scatter in the chopped spring onions, chilli, ginger and garlic and gently fry until softened, about 2-3 mins. Tip in the beaten egg and leave for 30 seconds until just set, then mash up with a spoon. Tip in the spring greens with a splash of water and cook until wilted. Add the rice and soy sauce and mix everything together, then season and tip into two bowls. Top with the eggs, sliced spring onion and sesame seeds to serve.