Special fried rice with prawns & chorizo
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 100g basmati rice or long-grain rice
- 85g frozen pea
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 egg , beaten
- 50g finely diced chorizo , bacon or ham
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 3 spring onions , sliced on an angle
- ½ red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- good pinch five spice powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 100g beansprout (optional)
- 50g peeled prawn
- STEP 1
Boil the rice following pack instructions, adding the peas for the final min. Drain.
- STEP 2
Heat half the oil in a wok. Pour in the egg and stir-fry until scrambled. Tip onto a plate and set aside.
- STEP 3
Wipe the wok with kitchen paper, then heat the remaining oil. Toss in the meat, garlic, spring onions and pepper, and stir-fry until the pepper starts to soften. Add the five-spice, rice, peas and soy, then stir-fry for 5 mins more. Finally add the beansprouts, if using, the egg and prawns, and stir-fry to heat through.