Sesame & chilli pancakes with tzatziki
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Makes 25-30
- 100g gluten-free flour (we used Doves Farm, widely available)
- 1 egg
- 150ml soya yogurt
- 1 green and 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions , finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- a little oil for frying
For the tzatziki
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 13cm/5in cucumber , deseeded and grated
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- STEP 1
Whizz the flour, egg, yogurt and 2 tbsp water together in a food processor to form a smooth batter. tip into a bowl, then stir in the chillies, spring onions, coriander and sesame seeds. Cover and chill until required.
- STEP 2
To make the tzatziki, mix the yogurt, cucumber and mint together, season to taste, then chill.
- STEP 3
Heat a small frying pan with a splash of oil, wiping out excess oil with kitchen paper. fry the pancake mixture a dessertspoonful at a time, for 1 min on each side, until lightly browned. tip onto a plate and keep warm. pile onto a large platter, top with a dollop of tzatziki and some extra sliced spring onions and serve warm.