- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook in the turkey or separately for 30 mins
- Serves 8 - 10
If you love stuffing don’t just stop at one. Cook one inside the turkey to help keep it juicy, then cook another separately. This classic chestnut, bacon and herb stuffing is packed full of flavour and perfect for Christmas.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50g butter
- 140g small button mushroom, thickly sliced
- 200g vac-pack whole cooked chestnut, halved
- 170g pack Ardennes pâté, cubed
- 25g pack parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon, each rasher cut into 6-8 pieces
- 140g oatmeal breadcrumbs (we used an Allinson sliced oatmeal loaf) or white breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- STEP 1
Fry the onion in the butter for 5 mins. Add the mushrooms, then fry for 5 mins more.
- STEP 2
Tip into a bowl, then lightly stir in the other ingredients with plenty of seasoning. Stuff into the neck end of the turkey, or spoon into oiled muffin tins (half-fill to make 8 servings) and bake for 30 mins alongside the turkey.