Mustard crust salmon with beetroot & dill
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
- 5 large salmon fillets , scaled and skin on, about 200g each
- 5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 tbsp yellow mustard seed
- 5 tbsp light olive oil
For the salad
- 3 x 250 packs cooked beetroot (not in vinegar)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- fonds from 1 large buch dill
- 100g bag wild rocket
- 2 x 142ml pots soured cream , to serve
- 1 tsp wholegrain or Dijon mustard , to serve
- STEP 1
Slash the skin on each fillet a couple of times, then season all over. Spread mustard over the skin side. Tip the mustard seeds onto a plate, then press the salmon skin-side down into them. Tap off any excess.
- STEP 2
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy frying pan and fry the salmon, crust-side down, for 5 mins or until the skin and crust is crisp and golden. Turn, then cook for another 1-2 mins or until cooked through. Leave to cool, then keep in the fridge, loosely covered, for up to a day.
- STEP 3
Thinly slice the radishes. Cut the beetroot into wedges. Whisk 3 tbsp oil with vinegar and seasoning to make a dressing.
- STEP 4
To serve, chop dill and stir into dressing. Toss with radishes, beetroot and rocket, and transfer to a platter. Serve salmon on top of the beetroot. Mix the soured cream and Dijon mustard, season and serve on the side.