- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 large butternut squash (about 1.4kg) peeled, ends trimmed, halved widthways and spiralized into thin noodles
- 1 red onion, ends trimmed, peeled and spiralized into flat noodles
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped and deseeded, if you like
- 6 large eggs
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
This popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mint…
- 100g goat's cheese, broken into pieces
Heat oven to180C/160Cfan/gas 4. Lightly oil 12 holes of a muffin tin.
Pull apart any squash spirals that are still stuck together and cut any long spirals of squash in half. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat then add the spiralized squash and red onion. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 mins until the vegetables have softened slightly. Stir in the red chilli, fry for a further min then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Beat the eggs in a large jug or bowl and season with salt and a generous grind of black pepper. Stir in the butternut squash mixture along with the thyme leaves and goat’s cheese.
Divide the mixture between each muffin tin, making sure each hole gets an equal amount of filling, then bake in the oven for 15–18 mins or until just set. Gently lift the fritattas out of the tin with a palette or cutlery knife.