Goat's cheese & cranberry tartlets
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 55-60 minutes
- Makes 20-24
These vegetarian tartlets make great finger food for a festive drinks party
- 375-425g pack ready-rolled puff pastry or 500g pack ready-made pastry rolled 5mm thick
- 1 egg , beaten
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce or a good-quality chutney
- 3 x 120g goat's cheese logs (such as Soignon Petit Sainte-Maure), at room temperature
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaf
- extra-virgin olive oil , for drizzling
- rocket leaves, to serve
- STEP 1
Preheat oven to fan 200C/conventional 220C/gas 7. Lay pastry on a floured work surface. Using a round 7.5cm round pastry cutter, cut out as many circles as possible.
- STEP 2
Sit them on oiled baking sheets and score a circle about 2.5cm in from the edge of each disc by pressing gently with a 5cm cutter. Pierce the middle of each with a fork, brush with egg and top with a little cranberry sauce or chutney.
- STEP 3
Slice the cheese 5mm thick so you have a slice per disc (discard end rinds). Lay a slice on each tartlet, then top with thyme leaves, a drizzle of oil and a twist of black pepper.
- STEP 4
Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden and the pastry crispy. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm, garnished with rocket leaves.