Fragrant crab cakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 1 potato (about 150g), cut into quarters
- 2 lemongrass stalks, outer leaves removed, roughly chopped
- small pack coriander , 1/2 the leaves picked to serve
- 1 red chilli
- 170g can white crabmeat , drained
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- juice 1/2 lime , remaining 1/2 cut into wedges to serve
- 1/2 cucumber , peeled into ribbons
- large handful rocket
- STEP 1
In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the potato for 15 mins or until soft. Drain, leave to steam-dry with the lid off, then mash.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the lemongrass in a food processor with the coriander and chilli, and blitz to a rough paste. Put this in a large bowl with the crabmeat and cooled mashed potato. Season well and form into three large flattened cakes.
- STEP 3
Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the cakes for 4 mins each side or until golden and piping hot.
- STEP 4
Meanwhile, mix the sesame oil and lime juice in a bowl, seasoning to taste. Toss the cucumber ribbons and rocket through the dressing and serve on the side of the crab cakes with the lime wedges.