Asian pork meatballs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 1 hour, plus chilling
- Makes 20, serves 4 adults and 4 kids
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 450g minced pork
- 4 spring onions , finely chopped
- 1small garlic clove , crushed
- 2 tsp lemongrass , finely chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- olive oil for frying
For the oriental dipping sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- 3 spring onions , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- STEP 1
Make the meatballs. Gently warm the honey in a non-stick frying pan, add the fish sauce and stir to make a syrup. Leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Put pork in a bowl and fold in honey syrup, spring onions, garlic, lemongrass, cornflour, mint and coriander. Mix and season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- STEP 3
Shape into 20 balls and put on a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Chill for 30 mins. To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients together, then set aside.
- STEP 4
Brush the balls with olive oil and fry for 3-4 mins each side. Serve with the sauce.