Flageolet bean pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , crushed
- 3 x 400g cans flageolet beans , drained and rinsed
- 5 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp fresh or 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 100g breadcrumb
- 50g vegetarian cheddar cheese, grated
- STEP 1
Heat grill to high. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion for about 5 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for another min. Add the beans, crème fraîche and half the thyme. Season well, then cook until heated through.
- STEP 2
Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together, then stir in the rest of the thyme. Pour the bean mix into a baking dish and scatter with the breadcrumbs. Grill until the topping is crisp and golden. Serve with salad.