Falafel tabbouleh with lemon yogurt
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 16 ready-made falafel
- 200g couscous
- 2 large lemons , 1 zested, juice of both
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- bunch spring onions , finely sliced
- 1 cucumber , halved and sliced
- small bunch mint , leaves roughly chopped
- large bunch parsley , leaves roughly chopped
- 150ml tub natural yogurt
- STEP 1
Cook the falafels according to pack instructions and boil the kettle. Tip the couscous into a large bowl, pour over 325ml boiling water, cover, then leave to stand for 5 mins until all of the water is absorbed.
- STEP 2
Fluff up the couscous with a fork, then stir through the lemon zest, juice from 1½ lemons, olive oil, spring onions, cucumber, mint and three-quarters of the parsley with plenty of seasoning. Tip onto a large platter.
- STEP 3
Mix the remaining lemon juice and parsley into the yogurt, then spoon into a small bowl. Scatter the hot falafel over the couscous salad, then serve the yogurt sauce alongside.