Crispy traybake stuffing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 8 - 10
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 1 Bramley apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 x 400g packs Cumberland sausages, skins removed
- small pack sage leaves, chopped, a few whole leaves reserved to serve
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 100g cooked chestnuts, roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the butter in a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for 10 mins until softened. Add the apple, cook for 2-3 mins more, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Tip the sausagemeat into a large bowl, and combine with the onion and apple mixture, all the other ingredients and some seasoning. Use your hands to mix everything really well. Can be kept in the fridge up to two days before baking.
- STEP 3
While the turkey crown is resting, spread the stuffing into a large shallow roasting tin and cook in the oven with the turkey legs for 30-35 mins until the top has formed a crust. Serve immediately with the reserved sage leaves scattered over.