Crispy broccoli salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 head broccoli , stalk removed, cut into quarters, then halved again to make 8 wedges
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 red onion , peeled and finely sliced
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 75g natural yogurt
- 250g mixed grain pouch, heated following pack instructions
- ½ bag rocket
- ½ small pack mint , leaves picked
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the ground almonds and garam masala together with some seasoning. Stir the broccoli pieces with the egg to coat, then in the almond mix. Tip onto a lined baking tray and put into the oven to roast for 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Mix the onion with half the lemon juice and a splash of water, then set aside to lightly pickle. Mix the remaining lemon juice with the yogurt, season and set aside.
- STEP 3
In a large mixing bowl, mix the cooked mixed grains with the rocket and most of the red onion. Drizzle in half the dressing, toss, then tip onto a serving plate and top with the crispy broccoli. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, mint leaves and a final scattering of red onion slices.