Chorizo & red cabbage tacos
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 small red cabbage , finely sliced
- 3 limes , juiced
- 1 small bunch of coriander , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ of a 250g chorizo ring , chopped
- 2 red onions , finely sliced
- 2 large peppers , sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans pinto beans , drained and rinsed
- 8 small soft corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado , cubed
- STEP 1
Toss together the cabbage, lime juice, coriander and ½ tsp salt in a bowl, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and fry for 5 mins, then tip in the onion and pepper along with a pinch of salt and fry for 7-10 mins, or until the onions are golden and the peppers are beginning to soften. Stir in the garlic and paprika and fry for a further minute. Add the pinto beans and roughly crush half of them in the pan with the back of a wooden spoon. Season well and stir everything together.
- STEP 3
Warm the tortillas through in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for around 30 seconds on each side. Fill with the bean mixture, red cabbage and the avocado.