Chorizo & kale hash with a fried egg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 tsp mild olive oil , plus extra for frying
- 80g spicy chorizo sausages, cut into small pieces (see tip, below)
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- about 100g ready-prepared kale (2 good handfuls)
- 400g leftover cold potato , roughly chopped
- ½ tsp paprika (optional)
- 2 eggs
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, and add the chorizo and onion. Fry for about 8 mins, until the chorizo is golden and has released its orange oils, and the onion is soft.
- STEP 2
Turn up the heat, tip in the kale and stir-fry for 1 min until wilting. Stir in the potatoes, paprika and some seasoning. Fry everything together for another 5 mins or until the potatoes are hot through and the kale is tender. Scrape the bottom of the pan now and again for those all-important crispy bits.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, fry or poach the eggs, then serve on top of the hash.