Egg fried noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 300g white button mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 250g dried egg noodles
- 1 head broccoli , broken into small florets
- 50g frozen peas
- 3 egg yolks (use the whites as well, if you prefer, or freeze them to make meringues with later)
- 2 spring onions , sliced on an angle
- STEP 1
Gently fry the mushrooms in the oil until soft, then add the paprika and plenty of seasoning and keep frying until browned. Stir in the soy sauce.
- STEP 2
Cook the noodles following pack instructions. Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in simmering water for 3 mins, or steam it if you prefer.
- STEP 3
Put the mushrooms, broccoli and peas in a bowl with the egg. Add the noodles with some of the water still clinging to them, then drain the pan. Tip everything from the bowl back into the pan and stir to heat through. Make sure the egg is thoroughly cooked before serving, then scatter over the spring onion.