Chinese-style lemon marmalade chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 200g lemon marmalade
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- small knob of ginger , peeled and finely grated (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- 8 chicken thighs , skin on and bone in
- 2 spring onions , sliced diagonally
- rice and stir-fried Tenderstem broccoli, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together the marmalade, garlic, ginger, soy, oil and half the lemon juice. Arrange the chicken thighs on a baking tray lined with foil and spoon over half the marmalade mixture. Roast in the oven for 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Baste the chicken with the marmalade mix from the bottom of the tray, then spoon over the remaining marmalade mix and cook for another 10 mins. Baste again, then cook for a further 10-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
- STEP 3
Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice, and sprinkle with the zest and spring onions. Serve with rice and stir-fried Tenderstem broccoli.