Charred squash & spiced lamb
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1kg squash , deseeded and sliced into rounds about 1cm thick
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 4 lamb leg steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 lemons , juiced
- small bunch parsley , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios , toasted and roughly chopped
- 30g pomegranate seeds
- 40g feta , crumbled
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- STEP 1
Blanch the squash in a pan of simmering water for 5 mins, drain, then leave to steam-dry before tipping into a bowl. Toss with 2 tbsp of the oil, the coriander and cumin.
- STEP 2
Put the squash directly onto the barbecue and grill on each side for 8-10 mins or until blistered and tender. Add the lamb and cook for 2-3 mins on each side. Remove and slice into thin strips. Or, griddle the squash and lamb for the same amount of time in a griddle pan over a high heat, turning halfway.
- STEP 3
Lay the squash on a serving platter, top with the lamb, then drizzle over the pomegranate molasses, lemon juice and remaining oil. Scatter over the parsley, pistachios, pomegranate and feta. Serve the salad on the side.