Harissa turkey burgers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g pouch mixed grains (or 250g cooked mixed grains)
- 500g lean turkey breast mince
- 2 large garlic cloves , finely grated
- 1 tsp coriander seeds , toasted and crushed
- 4 tbsp rose harissa
- small bunch parsley , finely chopped
- 2 red peppers
- 150g rocket
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 3 cooked beetroot , grated
- 4 wholemeal seeded buns , toasted, to serve
For the sauce
- 1 medium courgette
- ½ small bunch dill , finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- STEP 1
Cook the grains according to pack instructions. Leave to cool, then tip into a bowl and use your hands to mix in the turkey, garlic, coriander, harissa and parsley. Shape into four patties. Cover and chill.
- STEP 2
To make the sauce, coarsely grate the courgette, discarding the seeds, then wrap in a clean cloth and squeeze out any liquid. Put in a bowl and mix with the dill, yogurt, 2 tbsp water and the mayonnaise.
- STEP 3
Put the peppers on the barbecue and cook for 10-15 mins or until blistered and starting to char. Or, heat a grill to its highest setting and grill for 15-20 mins, turning halfway. Leave to cool a little, then peel and cut into strips.
- STEP 4
Toss the rocket with half the oil and lemon juice.
- STEP 5
Brush the burgers with the remaining oil and cook for 6 mins each side. Alternatively, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry for 6 mins each side. Serve with the sauce, peppers, beetroot, buns and salad so everyone can assemble their own burger.